Tuesday 25 February 2014

(THOUGHTS) I did not get anything for Peter Pilotto for Target - not because I don't like it.


I still can't get over the fact that I didn't get anything from the Peter Pilotto for target collection. It was a tragic story. 
I was so excited when I saw the collection because I really like the prints and designs. A few of the pieces that I am rather fond of are already out of stock but there are a lot of good designs left (the day it was launched). I spent hours and hours trying to find the right pieces to fit into my US$250 budget (My bad habit is that I often waste a lot of time trying to make a decision, especially in terms of shopping.).
It was until the next afternoon when I went to check my email then I realised Target cancelled my order immediately after I made the order. It took another two days after I made an inquiry that they informed me it was cancelled automatically due to the shipping address I am using is a  freight forwarder .
I was told that I have 2 options, either I shipped it to my friend or family living in the states or I get it from Net-A-Porter. My heart sank when some of the pieces went out of stock while I was waiting for their reply. I still keep hopes that I can still buy other pieces after they reply my inquiry but unfortunately I can't. 
I decided to go to Net-A-Porter.com to have a look.

Net-a-porter have only a couple of the designs and the price tag is higher...way higher. At least US$10 higher.

Here are some of the price discrepancies.

Price at Target: $39.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $53

Price at Target: $19.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $31

Price at Target: $34.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $46

Price at Target: $29.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $40

Price at Target: $29.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $40

Price at Target: $69.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $80

Price at Target: $29.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $40


Price at Target: $44.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $61

Price at Target: $79.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $107


Price at Target: $39.99
Price at Net-A-Porter: $53



Seriously?! With the price discrepancy of US$10++ for every item, it is just not worth it. Because everyone else is getting it cheaper for the same items. Not forgetting that there are shipping fees too. (Net-A-Porter currently have a "free shipping" promotion as of 25th Feb 2014, it is a limited time promotion that is not around when I visited the site 2 weeks back.)




No comments:

Post a Comment